Flood Insurance CIB.png

Protect your home from the worst nature throws
at you

National Flood Insurance

Flood Insurance can be an add-on to homeowner's insurance regardless of whether you live in a high risk area for flooding.  All flood Insurance is offered through the National Flood Insurance Program, however at Customized Insurance Brokers we can help assess your situation to see what sort of coverage you need, and we can help handle claims should you have to deal with any flooding. Working with an independent insurance agent can still save you peace of mind.

Want to talk this over with us first? Give our office a call at 770-755-1775.

Frequently asked questions

Flood Insurance

What Does Flood Insurance Cover?

Flood Insurance covers physical damage due to rising water to the building and contents of an insured location. The coverage is going to be based on the coverage purchased by the insured.

What do I need to get a flood insurance quote?

Your name and address is all we would need to get you a flood insurance quote.

Does my Home Insurance Cover Flooding?

No. Flood insurance is specifically excluded from Home insurance policies. Not to be confused, water damage e.g. a busted pipe is covered.

What is a Flood Elevation Certificate?

A flood elevation certificate is a tool used to document and confirm a buildings elevation in high risk areas relative to the estimated height floodwaters will reach in the even a major flood occurs.

How much will I pay each year for flood insurance?

The average cost of a policy through the NFIP is about $700 a year, but your premium cost might adjust depending on your property's flood risk, the type of coverage you need, and the location of your home. If you are in a low-to moderate risk area, you might qualify for the Preferred Risk Policy that provides building plus contents coverage for as little as $129 per year.